Thursday, June 10, 2010

On the Move


I haven't posted for a while but hopefully I can start catching up. It has been a slow spring as far as the fishing goes but I have been sneaking in time on the local rivers and streams. The surges of rain, snow and snow melt have been keeping the rivers in check and making the windows of opportunity pretty small. Hopefully the runoff will clear soon so I can get busy on the water. Outside of fishing I have been hiking a ton and I made a trip to Yellowstone with a friend. Next week it will be Glacier with my family.

Until the water clears...here are a few pictures of small stream fish and Montana scenery.

8 comments:

Troutdawg said...

Nice looking shots!

Zach said...

Thanks. They are not edited but seemed to turn out ok.

Rebecca said...

Zach ~
I imagine the weather has been driving you fishing crazy up there. It's been pretty unpredictable in Idaho as well. BUT, those shots show you're at least getting out and enjoying your new state.
Now, just get it all figured out so that when I head there sometime in July & August we can go fishing together =)

Colorado Angler said...

Yeah - ditto on the weather here, too. Fortunately I've picked a good time to get uber busy with work since I haven't had much time to actually fish.

Those are some nice fish for small water...and the scenery pics are outstanding.

Glacier and Yellowstone...two of my favorite places in the world...

Zach said...

Rebecca- The weather has been very crazy but I have been getting out a fair bit. I don't know about July and August, I might be going to Alaska for a few months. I'll keep you posted.

Colorado Angler- Montana has an incredible amount of small water that gets very little pressure. Glacier and Yellowstone are both amazing but so is Colorado. I hope the weather clears so you can get in a few days of fishing.

Fishing Blog said...

Beautiful trout and landscape shots man! That last snowy one is great!

Karratha Fishing said...

I do hope the weather gets more agreeable with your fishing soon. The view looks spectacular - nice shots.

Peter said...

Beautiful brown trout and rainbow trouts! Congratulations on your catches!