Monday, August 17, 2009

The Gorge and The Fork

Despite my lack of posting this summer I have been fishing frequently and doing well. Recently my sister and I joined a group of friends on a rafting trip down the Gunnison Gorge. Will and I fished a little and caught several but for the most part we floated and spent time with friends. The water was low and technical on the oars but we made it through safe, though Will was made one trip into the drink on a narrow rapid. Since the rafting trip I have been frequenting the Lake Fork and several small streams. The water is low and clear but temperatures are stable and the fishing is great. Enjoy the pictures.

In the Gorge


Hitting the rapids.

There were about five boats in the party train.


A few fish from the Taylor River




On to Some Lake Fork Beauties...







Low Clouds in the Rio Grande Valley



Small streams and Brook Trout all Day Long









And more from the Lake Fork






6 comments:

Troutdawg said...

Nice Pictures and looks like a great trip!

Brian J. said...

Second to last picture is great! The title, "small streams and brook trout all day long" sounds so great, I love small streams with willing fish.

Looks like some great times, I'd pee myself if I was responsible for all those people in that fast water...

cheers

Colorado Angler said...

Good times, right there - and those be some mighty nice looking fish you're hooking!

Zach said...

Thanks guys. It definitely feels good to get some quality stream time.

John Waldo said...

Nice photos - you are getting as good with the camera as you are with the fly rod.

Zach said...

Thanks John. I figure if I snap enough I'll get lucky every now and then. When you coming back to Lake City?