Monday, July 20, 2009

Mr. Slacker

I have been slacking on the blog but work has been demanding as the fishing on the Lake Fork is awesome right now. The pressure is higher than usual but after 2 weeks of not fishing I finally had a few hours to hit the river. I went to a favorite spot and found four people wading through the prime lie but decided to hit the spot when they were done. Immediately after they moved upstream I began fishing the run and landed 3 average browns ranging from 8-15". On about my 20th cast I hooked and landed a solid 23" cuttbow and basically called it a day. While I was landing the fish a friend pulled up and snapped a few pictures for your enjoyment. If my schedule opens up in the near future I will be posting more often. Until then I hope you are having as much fun on the water as I am. Oh yeah, the beard is still growing.



8 comments:

Brian J. said...

Awesome fish-- you probably wouldn't have caught it if you didn't have beard-power. Probably should keep it growing :-)

cheers

--Brian J.

John Waldo said...

great fish

Colorado Angler said...

That is a nice fish. Real nice. Wow. See, my problem is that I can't grow an uber-sick beard like you can...which means I will never experience the power of the beard...

Zach said...

Thanks guys. The beard will continue to grow. The fish do not seem to mind it.

Troutdawg said...

Sweet looking Pictures!

Zach said...

Thanks troutdawg!

Keith said...

Zach,

Have really enjoyed reading your blog. My Bro and I will be up there for several days in late Sept. We've been going to LC since the late 60's, Staying on a private stretch of river. Would like to see if we could get together and see if we could learn something from you. My email is bushpusher@comcast.net. Cell is 251/610-4540. Please contact me when you have time.

Keith

P.S. There might be a beer or 2 in it for ya besides your regular fee....

Zach said...

Keith,

I sent you an email. Look forward to seeing you guys.