Monday, May 11, 2009

Taylor Bows

What did you expect? The rivers are raging and my bum shoulder is not lake friendly so I hit the Taylor River with Will in pursuit of some monster rainbows. We found, hooked and landed many big fish on Saturday before heading to Gunnison for some cold beer and festivities. We also managed to hijack a keg of bud light and take it back up to the river where we camped. On Sunday we caught a few more monsters and drank a few beers for breakfast before making the afternoon drive back to Lake City.



Will with some nice bows

This hen was full of eggs but she was feeding solo




I'm not as angry as I look









A warm truck and plenty of beer

Taylor Park Reservoir and the West Elks



Another nice fish by Will





Getting the camera wet













Enough said.





9 comments:

Brian J. said...

Holy hell. I've been catching minnows all my life and nobody has told me....

Zach said...

No, you've been getting some awesome fish. The trout at the Taylor are just special.

BG said...

Beauties! Packing now..... ; )

BG said...

Looking for any info on the current conditions....didn't see an email for ya....

If you get an itch to help a brother out hit me up -->
utahcutthroat.blog@gmail.com

Bryan

Zach said...

Awesome. Let me know when you get up here.

mike doughty said...

i've been wanting to hit that river, i guess i'll have to speed up the process now. killer trout

Zach said...

BG, I just sent you an email. Hope you get it in time.

Mike, come on up man. There's some good stuff around here. Nice blogs also.

Colorado Angler said...

AH! Those pics make my palms sweat! Only about a week until I get to play in the waters of the Taylor...and this was the perfect appetizer (as was the pic of the keg).

Keep 'em coming - I love seeing and reading about other people's catches!

Zach said...

Thanks man. Have fun on the taylor. Get some more great video.