Sunday, May 25, 2008

Fishing the Runoff



Fishing runoff is not easy but there are fish to be caught. I hit the Lake Fork while it was running over 900cfs and managed to catch a few fish by running streamers along the banks. I only fished for an hour because the fish seemed stressed enough. After two browns around 18" I called it a day. Today the river had come down uder 600cfs and I picked up a nice 22" rainbow but forgot the camera. I don't mind the river coming down but I hope the runoff picks up so the season can really begin.

2 comments:

Othmar Vohringer said...

I agree with you that the runoff is not the easiest to fish but with a little know-how it can be done. Personally I don’t like to fish the runoff because as you mentioned the fish are quite stressed out at these times. Great pictures by the way.

-ov-

Zach said...

Thanks. The runoff is coming to a peak now and it is killing me not to be on the river.