Monday, March 10, 2008

I Believe

I want to start off with something simple that will help you get to know me.

I believe in matching the hatch. I believe in drowning dries. I believe nymphs catch more fish than dries and streamers catch more big fish than anything else. I believe in stiff rods, short casts, Ox and streamers fished on a slow retrieve when big fish are sipping midges on dainty winter tailwaters. I believe ice in my guides helps slow things down and allows me to observe my surroundings. I believe in bushwhacking, backpacking, big rivers, small streams, no crowds and fishing under the bridge in Reno where I know I can always count on a homeless man named Joe to take some great pictures for $5. I believe in catch and release unless brook trout are overpopulated. I believe the river speaks for itself. I believe a good book is better than a bad movie. I believe thong underwear without lace should not be considered lingerie and should be outlawed. I believe a cold beer is the best temporary solution to dehydration after a long day on the water.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are living the dream, keep us posted!
-Amy

Anonymous said...

Your hilarious! I cant figure out the donate part!

Zach said...

Thanks for the response!

Donation instructions:
-Type in amount and click update total.
-Either log on to paypal or click continue next to the credit card logos and follow the instructions.

More posts to come. Hope you enjoy!